Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Birth and death


Early in the morning, I called Yaso, wanted to give her a surprise and had lunch with her. She is one of those who I misses heaps, she is a life mentor and a good friend. As she picked my call, the mood shifted instantly. I was expecting a polite and joyful sound from the other end, instead, it was low, sad, anytime-tears-coming-out voice...

Yaso' father had just passed away.

Foolishly, I asked her,"are you sad?". What was I thinking... *ARRGGGGHHHHHH!!!! someone just slap me please!!!!* Who would not be sad! I guess I was just too shock and words just popped out... Losing someone who one cares so much, can be a huge pain and a hollow one. Just like being pierced through by a javelin, something is missing and the emptiness in heart. Nothing that one can do to fill it up, only time will able to mend the scar. Even so, every now and then, it still hits your guts... Sometimes, I just think why am I doing this to myself?

...

Later that night, something good strike. My uni mate, Peter has just become a father~ I feel happy and joy for him. Also, I feel warm flowing through and it feels good. A father, my friend. It just reminds me of getting old... *Ahem...* I mean mature...

birth and death is just part of life... *trying to remember what Buddha said...*

No comments: