Tuesday, February 05, 2008

...Clumsy?


Thanks to the good old uni days, I have never really had problems in giving speech. Pretty much just used to get up and talk with few points in mind and a shot of life juice. Fun, entertaining and engaging, that is my way.

Having said so, I did pretty clumsy yesterday.

I was giving my first work presentation to my colleagues to show my understanding on mobile network. The amount of terminology and jargons were quite overwhelming. I was sort of struggling to speak fluently. As time passed, I could feel my tempo rather messy. My gut feeling, “Shit! I fucked it…” I simply couldn’t wait to end my embarrassment and misery.

I finished my last word and stood still… I stayed calm with the thought, “Come! Shoot me at the head… I can take it…”

… Waiting for judgement…

Surprisingly, my colleagues were pretty happy with my work. They like it. I guess I have always been harsh and too critical on myself. Often myself being the only one having problems with my own work.

Oh well, I did well. *smile*

No comments: