Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Sentimental... Autumn arrived.

A moment ago, I was waiting for the bus to work. As I missed the bus by seconds, I had some time till the next bus. I grabbed a local free newspaper and flipped through it. Reading through the unfamiliar German newspaper, trying to find some common words between the lines to understand, the image might provide some ideas… Struggle ended soon as I put down the newspaper. I was feeling strange and uneasy, even when I am typing now… My spirit is pretty down at the moment. Emotional might be a better description.

Elina and Thomasz had left Graz last Thursday. Tai Jia, Jose and Melica will be leaving this week. More people will leave before the end of the month. Most of them are goodbye for good…

Are people leaving the reason? Or is it because the cold that hit me *I was walking under the never ending drizzly sky in Zagreb, without an umbrella…* Probably Joy’s nostalgic had got me… Or maybe because I have been wandering for all these years, lacking sense of belonging, feeling disoriented, detached from ground, floating in the middle of nowhere… Or could it be the usual small little things I have missed unconsciously, as I rushed through my days, from working to socializing, traveling, studying, and preparing my thesis… Don’t know and don’t think there will be a conclusion in the next few minutes.

… A yellowish brown leaf fell and settled on my shoulder. I picked it up. The leaf was almost brown with only small parts of the stem still green. Staring at the leave, I realised all this sentiments and uncertainties are just part of growing up and life.

Autumn arrived. I feel more sentimental. My eyes are damper and watery than usual. It has been a week now.

The bus stopped and I walked up the bus. The leaf which I had in my palm fell off unwittingly…

As it turns yellow

No comments: