Thursday, May 03, 2007

Seven Mile Fragrance


Walking along Drummond Street, passing by the old Victorian terrace, running across the zebra crossing, under the same sky, same tree, same time... and for a moment I stood. Where was the refreshing fragrance from the Common Jasmine Orange? *One of favourites, a flower who has a beautiful name in my mother tongue, Seven Mile Fragrance (七里香)*

Still remember the day, I stepped foot at Drummond. It was bad and depressing, just simply down emotionally... Somehow, at that spot, I found smile and spirit to keep me going. It was the therapeutic fragrance. Since then, I stopped for couple of seconds and had a few deep breath every time I passed.

This noon, I was there again, but the fragrance was no where to be found. Lost, lost one day, today. I stood and tried to search. I only saw the flower faded. Couple of petals had fallen, couples had turned yellow, couples had... I looked up into the sky, gloomy and only had little sun light beamed through the mist of clouds. Then, I noticed the tree leaves by the streets had slowly coated with a greenish yellow texture.

It is autumn.

It was spring around this time last year, I was in Graz. I am in Melbourne now. With the fragrance disappeared in the air, it took away big piles of my sadness and sorrows. Out of the blue, I hand my hands high up and clapped couple of times, thinking that some of the leaves might fall. It had not. *smile*

I looked at my watch. I fastened my pace. I was late. The guys would be complaining... and they did. At least, I am much happier now. *smile*

No comments: