Friday, September 08, 2006

“Question”

We are more or less familiar with the word ‘Question’. Every day, every hour, every minute to second, we are surrounded by ‘Question’. It is just like our dear shadow. They are simply there. Although most of the time, we are pretty cool with it, sometime it is as irritating as a relentless bugging fly. Regardless how hard you try to get rid of it, it just won’t go away. Just like today!

Before my mentor left for Munich, he left me some assignments to complete during his absence. So, I was doing this measurements and testings on a developing chip. At one point, I was stuck and not knowing how to continue. The chip just gave shitty signals that didn’t make sense at all. Cleverly, I had ideally. *Ting!* Why not just ask one of the senior engineers, who is also part of the project team. *Cool right?!* Then, I swiftly went to him and asked him.

Unfortunately, he wasn’t able to help. Alright, fine… Then he started to ask me all sort of questions. For instances, “What is this?” “Why does it perform this way?” “Why is the sensitivity so low?” “Are you sure? I think these are all nonsense…” For like an hour… Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo… Knock knock knock… Anybody home? Are you making sense?

I am just a trainee! I was only given 10 minutes briefing! I do what I was told! I told you what I know! If I know the problems…If I can provide answers…If I had worked on this project long enough…I would not be asking you! I would be sitting at your position! You would not be asking me why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why why!!!!!!!!!

Kind of frustrating! … Thinking from the good side, at least he did think that I am an asset to the project. Please just don’t keep asking me why, when I have already said I don’t know. I mean it when I say so.

No comments: