Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Share or not to share?

For the past few days, I have been feeling great… while not all great. The damn flu is still bugging me. *cough cough… cough… cough…* My body is hot *Hehehehe… it will be great if it is literally that way.* but frequently I feel the shiver and cold. Those kind that hit through your bones. *crossed fingers and hope that I could get better soon.* Sadly, I have to ban myself from eating all those yummy stuff, what a TORTURE! Just hope that I can get better before the weekend hiking trip.

Having said that, my mood has been pretty good. Although nothing is confirmed, it just makes me feel great and I couldn’t stop myself from sharing the good news. This morning when I was waiting for the bus, the question “share or not to share?” struck me. Putting my engineering hat on, I approached the question systematically, starting with good and bad.

Good = … + … + … + … + … + … + Ermmm… Will get some of my positive qi?

Bad = Might think I am showing off + Egoistic + Arrogant + They don’t care…

Every time this question hits me, I have always decided to keep the good news to just some friends or maybe just to myself. Like what dad used to said, “Be low profile, those who overshine always got shot in the head! Bang! There goes the high fly bird…” However, when something good happens, my hard thought decision was never-miss-once out to no where and the same things happen, the saga continues.

Probably deep down, I know that it is just the me who like to share. Alrite, time for work...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all like to share the good news, and the bad ones, too.
You have to feel what is the good sharing and what is showing off. But, friend, can realize that You are just happy and they should be happy, at least because of You, if not anything else.
Yeah, that summs it up to - share the good/bad news/feelings with friends (definition of friednship is somewhat wague, but we all have our friend(s))