Monday, June 05, 2006

Curse the stove!

While I have always reckon myself as a good cook, somehow yesterday was by far my worst... Having said that, the tastes were still reasonably good.

After the clubbing night at Won, which the DJ sucked big time, 5am in the morning we decided to have potluck at Nai Wen's place. So, Nai Wen, Guo Quan and I went to the ONLY supermarket in Graz that opens on Sunday to get some stuff. At that moment, I was quite happy. Finally, some decent cooking of mine. Later I found out that there was no pork in SPAR... I had to go to another place to get the spare ribs I needed so so so so so so much. On top of that, most of the materials were not available and I had to somehow find something else to replace. Anyway, I managed to get some repacements. I left my place at 5pm and by the time I started cooking, it was 8pm. Shit! I had nothing and my stomach were killing me so bad...

I was going to made three dishes, sesame oil chicken with chinese wine, japanese curry spare ribs and snowpeas with oyster sauce. Chopping and slicing the ingredients in no time, I quickly heated up the stove and started cooking. However, I was disheartened sooner than one can expect. The damn electric stove went on and off for every 5 minutes. I had to cope with unfamiliar ingredients, various replacements, not enough cooking utensils and now..... cooking in a fucking turtle speed. That was totally a fucked up. Imagine it took more than 15 minutes to boil water... For some reasons, it ended up myself being the one and only one who was cooking. I had no choice, but just to continue my love and hate relationship with the bitchy stove.

9:00pm... 10:00pm... 11:00pm... Fucked! I just stopped everything and ate. By that time, everone was hungry and finished everything till the finest pieces of meat you can find in a light speed. Oh ya,There were 9 people to share... Eventually, I managed to fill my stomach with shiraz and rose. *Totally a bad idea and I am having a slight headache now.* The problem with the dishes was that the tastes were not dense enough as I had wanted. Argghhhh... just hated it when it is not what I want!

No comments: