Wednesday, June 28, 2006

USI Sport Fest

After a few nights straight of drinking and insufficient of sleep, my panda eyes was getting worse and I just couldn’t stop myself going instant coma at work. I hoped that no one noticed. When I finally finished the work that I intended to complete, it was already 7:00pm. It was kinda sad thing to stay late on a Friday evening. Regardless, I would go to the USI Sport Fest, it was the biggest student party of the year or probably because the fest was just across the street, two minutes walk from my dormitory. Anyhow, I ended up taking the longer way, I misunderstood the direction that I was given. By the time I arrived, the run had already overed and the party had only just started. It wasn’t as crowded as I expected. Nonetheless, I headed to the food booth. After what I had that afternoon, I would really appreciate a good dinner. Quickly, I bought myself half a roasted chicken, salad, bread and a beer. Not the best roasted chicken, but was good enough to fill my stomach. Then, we went to meet the other guys. As night got late, people started to pack. Apparantly, at least one third of the student population is here...

It was quite a surprise that I met someone just came back travelling from Malaysia. Although we did not have a long conversation, it was nice and at least it kinda made me felt less homesick. Strangely however, she only knew “Selamat Datang.” and “Selamat Jalan.” Probably, she spent the whole trip on shopping. Just after she left, Martin pointed towards a road sign written “notausgang” and asked us what it means. I know ausgang means exit and thus it make sense that noatausgang refered to no exit. With the wicked smile of his face, more or less I knew that I was wrong. It actually means emergency exit… Yikes! If something disastrous happened, I would have ran in an opposite direction. Kinda think of it, it would be hilarious. By 11:00pm, Johannes was going to leave and it was so not him to leave this early. Kekekekee~~ He had an exam at 8:30am the next day, on a Saturday, poor fellow… Hold on… I have an exam coming soon as well… Shit, I haven't studied yet… Whatever… Later we decided to have a look at the different parts of the fest. There was techno, trance, rock, pop, R&B and country.

The R&B was quite nice, but the hall was so stuffy and hot, I felt like a chicken being roasted in an oven and ironically I just had half of it myself... If you want to know how crowded it was, imagine there was a long queue in front of the women’s toilet and the gals started queuing in the men’s toilet. Couldn’t stand the heat anymore, we went for the country songs, which was at the outdoor area and it was great. Everyone was having a great time! Looking around, we could easily see people standing on the table, singing, clapping and even dancing, till the security guy came in to warn them. However, everything was back to before once the security went off. The only down side was that most of the country songs were Styrian music. Not that the songs weren’t nice, it was simply that I didn’t understand a single word of the lyrics. Slowly that I found hard to cope with the conversation and I would have to use toothpicks to hold my eyes open. When my watch stroked 3:00am in the morning, I left… ZZZzzZZzZZzzz…

No comments: