Friday, June 23, 2006

Summer is finally here

Just when I was soldering one of my testing boards, Andy and Negin turned to me and said, “Do you want some ice? … Ice cream…” Without a second thought, I left my stuff and walked out of the building with them. It is Metaphof Ice Day. After experiencing more than a week of hot grilling temperature and being baked in the office, this is great. Slowly waiting for our turn, it was not hard to notice that almost everyone from our building came out. The weather has cooled down a bit today, but almost everyone is still on casual clothing and short pant, the ice cream is really the saviour and people appreciate it so much. While in the meantime, it is also a short break away from work. The hazelnut and chocolate ice cream that I am having now is fantastic~~

Thinking of it, I am here in Austria for almost two months and so many things had happened, both good ones and bad ones… while, more good ones of course. Although I miss my family, friends and of course food back in Malaysia and Melbourne, I have to say I really enjoy being in Graz. I like my tough day work that always make me depressed, miserable and feel stupid, but hell lot of satisfaction once I got it done. Then there are these lazy weeknights chill out at a friend restaurant with wine, nice food and great accompany, or probably getting tipsy in the pubs. Follow by the weekend trips that often surprise me with excitement and fun.

Almost finishing my ice cream now, I can’t wait for the events in the coming weeks. While later tonight, there is a party and tomorrow, I will be going to Donauinsel Festival Vienna for the weekend… and probably Erica’s farewell and Philip’s birthday party... Great! An internal mail just came in, teams from Graz, Klagenfurt, Munich, Regensburg and Villach are going to compete at the Infineon Dragon Boat Cup race at lake Ossiachersee in Villach on 12th August. Arghhh… too bad that I am going to miss it for sure… I will be going to Mauritius for Rhavy’s wedding.

Summer is finally here and it will be great!

P/S: Photos will be uploaded later. My dorm account just got blocked and had to wait till connection up again to upload the photos.

No comments: