Thursday, June 29, 2006

Getting lost

Whenever I visit a new country, I have this habit of getting lost. I enjoy the slow walk, the small little interesting stuff by the street, the unexpected things and events... just bits and pieces… Especially on a sunny day, that is a great way to see see look look. *Laugh as I typed my Manglish*. Sometimes I even get the chance to talk to a local while having my tea. They often give some good advice on the nice places and events in the region. To me, it also helps me to understand the place, the culture and the people a bit more. I guess I simply enjoy the feeling of exploring things in my own pace and the way the trip unfolded as it goes. I just don’t like the idea of tour group, but the short ones are alright. Not to say that it is something bad, but just a personal preference. Moreover, travelling by myself always give me the flexibility and time to take photos.

Having said that, yesterday was really a pain in the arse… By 11:00pm, I was decisive that I was going to leave after the last round of Napoleon. I was quite tired and sleepy, partly because of my work and partly because of the stuffy heat in my office. As I missed the tram and the next one was in 25 minutes. I decided to walk back to the dorm. At one point, I was mistaken and took a wrong turn at the junction. However, I was still under the impression that I was on the right direction. Little do I know…? Some 20 minutes later, I found myself somewhere in the city, on a street that I had never been before. Everything seems so familiar yet unfamiliar. By then, the last bus at the local bust stop had left. I had no choice but to walk back. While I guess I could take a cab as the last resort. Although I was in a lost situation in the middle of the night, that did not stop me from taking another guessing move. This time, I was right and when I reach home, it was already 12:30am. Geeezzzz… Taking the tram back then would get me back to the dorm earlier… *Smile* Thinking it from a good side, it was quite a nice stroll after my heavy dinner. Lady Boss had some new dishes, steamed radish with strong dip sauce that I didn’t like and soy bean pancake that was fantastic.

After the late night missing yesterday, I woke up 30 minutes earlier this morning to catch the 8:45am bus. While waking up early is a good sign for me, but when I stepped out my dorm. It started to rain very heavily and the bad thing was I do not have an umbrella! *Sigh...* I put on my Jordan cap and flip on my Adidas jacket hood and ran towards the bus. Luckily, I got the time right and the bus arrived just after me. Since then the storm started. When I got off from the bus, I had to run my way to work and half of my body was wet. There goes my effort of hair waxing and my just washed jeans… all wet.

Later tonight I will be going to the Opar to watch an opera show. Is about French revolution and is in Italian with German subtitles… Great…

No comments: