Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Bored in Florence


After eight months, I guess I am getting bored of traveling. I am in Florence and I am feeling bored. Sitting in front of a computer and writing my blog. *I sense danger... I can smell gun powder. Someone is planning to shoot me at the head for blar blar and blar...* Having said so, I do like Florence, much better than Venise. At least, no more boat trip. *smile*

Strolling lazily around the old town, I simply felt that Florence was kinda different, but I could not tell how exactly.

Like any other European city, most tourist attractions are located in the old town area and is more or less in a walking distance. *If you only plan to visit the city, do not waste your money on the 24-hour ticket...* While the unlike part is that most likely you will have to pay for the entrance and reduction price is only for EU members. Places like Giotto's Tower and Palazzo Vecchio will be good one to pay for. The first one will give a panaromic view of Florence and later the history of Florence. A bad example was Borgello, the national museum... There were only three floors n the museum. The floors aren't as big as the floors in Louvre and one was closed for renovations. Less than an hour, anyone would finish it... *Felt cheated...* Oh ya, seeing Ponte Vecchio from Pento S. Trinita at night time can be nice.

Giotto's TowerGiotto's TowerPonte Vecchio

The good thing to travel during winter, is that there are less crowd as compared to summer time. *Even so, there were still many people on the streets...* Thus accomodation is easier to get on last minute and don't need to experience sardin. The bad thing is less exhibition means some places are closed for public and not a good time to cycle to the suburbs. *Unless you feel like ice cream, then be it...* A visit to the country sight can be fantastic, too bad...

One thing to be aware of is to be sure of the price before you buy anything. I bought an waffle without knowing the price and it cost me $8 Euro. *While I know... only I the fool would get tricked... sob... sob... sob...* Also, if you wanna be debt free, do remember to leave your credit card at home and just bring enough cash. Or else, be sure to prepare to pay off your debt for the next 12 months. Things are absolutely super deliciously tempting and pricey. I saw two jeans and I love it, priced at $450 Euro in total. Luckily, I have the M key in Austria. I can imagine if I have the access, it would for sure be more than that... *Like... the Bally leather bag, the Energie jeans, Mandarin Duck luggage bag... Which one to start... how to end...* Thinking the position I am in now, I cannot be more fortunate enough... *I guess need to go through more meditation session, not so discipline...*

No comments: