Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Why beg?


I was hungry... very hungry... very very very hungry... Where was the damn Vietnamese noodle restaurant... I had been searching for like an hour. To spice things up, I hadn't eaten anything since 9am and it was like 4pm then. Also, I was walking under the rain. *Curse...*

Someone got my attention.

Mr T: "Hi, do you have a moment?"
Mel: "Yes, but I am not a local and I don't think I can be any help."
Mr T: "It is fine... You see, I had been traveling around Europe and used up all my money. I need some money and can..."
Mel: "While my situation is worst than you. Sorry and goodbye..."

I rolled my eyes.

I was totally in a disgruntle mood while my stomach storming, he just got me at the wrong time. *hmmmm...* Think of it again. If I meet him again and this time, with a happy bunny mood, I guess I will still refuse to help him. He is an European, and I couldn't see any reason why he couldn't work in Paris. The Brazilian gal in my room was short with cash as well, but she found a job in a local restaurant. Him being a man without any physical disability, begging on the street... While you can say I am mean or whatever. The fact is nothing comes free and everyone have to work to earn for a living.

Having said that, deep down I do know that sometime, things can be really awful and who will want to beg on the street, if only the circumstances aren't bad? However slowly seeing some bugger make begging as a life career. That's it! No more giving! Only on one exception, traveling monk.

No comments: