Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Queuing and queuing...


One thing about Paris was the constant waiting and queuing, everywhere I went, if it was something special, more or less there would be a queue. Some people had told me that the autumn and winter period will be less a pain, I guess it was like a reduction from maximum to 50%. By the end of the day, lining up was still mandatory.

You see, I hate lining up as it was such a waste of time. However, being a good global citizen, I have to do so. *Every time I had the wicked idea, somehow something would happen to remind me not to do so... Story for another time...* So, one will start to ask, "why queue then?"

Alright, here's my answer...

If I don't' queue to get in MuseƩ de Louvre, could I say I had been to Paris? If I don't queue to get up Arc de Triomphe, could I say I had been Champs de Elyse? If I don't queue to get up Eiffel Tower, could I say I had seen Paris? ... The list would go on...

Anyhow, the weather in Paris had been really bad. There wasn't a day that it didn't rain, most of the time, I was half wet. *@#$%&... It was only 30 minutes before taking the train the Charles De Gaule that the sky shined with blue sky...* Advice to all future Paris traveler, bring an umbrella. So being an obedient tourist, visiting the sites and contributing to the economy did keep me dry for moments.

Crowd started to gather in front of LouvreMusee De OrsayChair collection of the 20th centuryHehehe... Just somewhere looking from Eiffel TowerNotre DameReflection of the royal palace

No comments: