Sunday, December 31, 2006

What a wonderful year~


As 2007 is approaching soon and 2006 tickering off the clock, how has your year been? Anything good, bad, interesting, loving, hatred, confusing, lost, caring... For me it is of everything.

The year started from a blend of uncertainties and joy. After two years away from Malaysia, I was finally back spending some time with my family and friends *those that I seen every now and then, those who I thought lost... * On the same time, I had to cope with the sudden withdrawn of work placement and waiting for another one to reply. As mum eldest sister said, "lost might not be so bad after all, it might be a blessing in disguise." Indeed, months later I was informed of a internship confirmation in Austria.

Having only two weeks to prepare my flight tickets and pack my luggages with only information such as, (1.) I have a place to stay (2.) Work starts on 2nd May 2006 (3.) Someone would pick me up from the airport, it was hard. It was really hard. I had no clues on what was ahead and no where to start on preparation. It was worrying and exciting. Having said so, living in a total unfamiliar environment and hardly could communicate to anyone, *They speak German over here... English depending...* I soon found myself nostalgic.

Walking on the streets that I couldn't associate with, looking at the unknown street sign, passing through the stranger-like buildings, listening to the unusual tone... It was quick, I started to miss home. I missed curry laksa, I missed coco black, I missed Dizzy's, I missed nasi lemak, I missed mandarin, I missed shiraz, I missed my frens, I missed mum, dad, bryan, pin and I missed... Many times strolling along the lane, waiting at the tram stop, I can feel tears in my eye. It was a time homesickness. Probably, I am strong and tough in heart. *Smile* Again, I am super positive and enthusiasm. I dragged myself off from the sadness and soon I found a place, I called home. It was nothing fancy, it was a restaurant, Restaurant Asia.

I could still remember when the day I had my first Chinese meal, it was so that I could grab on something that I could hold on. There, I met Lao Pan Niang, a motherly figure, who had taken care of me and helped me in many ways , which only can be seen and felt in a finest way. She will always add more beef cutlet on my Taiwanese beef noodles, sparkle some freshly cut onions and diced chicken on my hot and sour soup, treate me with tea, have a glass of red or white... Probably one will start to wonder whether or not it was only just the food? No, absolutely not! It is hard to summarise and all I could say, "It is all well kept in heart. Not words and phrases can articulate my thoughts and feelings... It is only a tiny humble thank you that I could say." The everytime of, "You are back, how was your trip, is it fun? Are you hungry..." always give me a strong sense of belonging and some comfort for away from home. Home is where the heart lies. This is home. I guess not only for me, it is also for the fantastic people I knew here as well.

Then, there were these great bunch of people I met through my traineeship. Those Austrians *smile, you know who you are~* and those who decided to reside in lovely Graz for sometime, all away from UK, Norway, Bosnia, Slovenia, Jordon, Greece, Marcedonia, Switzerland, America, Poland, Spain, Czech Republic, Finland *Slap me if I miss anyone...* We had fantastic time, travelling, hiking, eating, dancing, MASSAGING, *smile* clubbing, chatting, swimming, climbing, drinking... Life would be boring, without you guys. Okie now, an usual way, Prost! *Remember to look into my eyes and no crossing hands~ Smile* Missing the moments and I really do hope one day, one day and truly ONE DAY, we will meet again. If not, take care, you guys will always have my blessings and a place in my heart. *It is life I guess*

When the guys slowly left Austria, I got to know some people online. Fun, shit, ineteresting, boring... you name it. Somehow, some walks in my heart and some faded. What do ya think fox? *Crossed fingers* It was also the time, I started to travel by myself. A fantastic yet grilling experience I have to say, many stories for another time... One of the many good things, my mentor, my friend, Mr R got married, one who has great impact in my life. *Dude, all the best~ See ya sometime~*

Besides that, it was my work. I started with a pounding heart. Losing in touch with my engineering for like almost one and a half year, it was freaky. However my first day at work soften the tension, not because of the work was easy, it was just that the amusing while embarrassing moment made it better in a way. My big boss was wearing a jean and T-shirt, with loose hair while going through some basics with me. I, I was with full gears. I styled my hair, ironed my multi million suit, nice polished leather shoes... Gosh, that scene was quite funny. Work had been ups and downs, but I worked it through. In general, it is a fantastic experience and I score 80% on my job performance~ Nervous start with a superb ending.

2005 was a year full of personal struggle and 2006... What can I say... It is simply wonderful!

Happy New Year and a good 2007. My 1st January will be a grilling 24 hours journey back to Singapore, when most of the people still struggling to get up from bed and suffering from super duper hang overs~ *smile* John, it will be a good year ahead right? *laugh out loud*

P/S: To prevent unnecessary confusion and possibility of gossips. John is the Bohemian patron sage of old bridges. It was said that touching the statue will bring good luck, I touched it four times *smile* Hahahahaha~

Zi Jing, Fiona and meFiona and her paintings
Stefan and Zi JingLao Pan Niang and Me

No comments: